General Admission - $25 Advance (online, box office, at all Levitt shows)/ $30 Day of show (at the gate).
A special night of Stars at the Shell featuring the Blues/Soul/R&B legend Robert Cray, with special guest Cedric Burnside!
Stars at the Shell is a fundraising event benefiting the Levitt Shell.
The Levitt Shell is a non-profit presenting 50 free concerts each year. Our mission is building a stronger Memphis community through free music, finding common ground in a diverse audience. All proceeds from Stars at the Shell support the free concerts. We thank you for your support!
Robert Cray has been bridging the lines between blues, soul and R&B for the past four decades, with five Grammy wins and over 20 acclaimed albums. Cray became a sensation, leading his band in concerts at large arena and rock festivals. He was the first African-American artist since Jimi Hendrix to rise to such fame in rock music. Over his illustrious career, Cray has performed with Eric Clapton, the Rolling Stones, John Lee Hooker, B.B.King, Bonnie Raitt and many more. His latest project, Robert Cray & Hi Rhythm, the Blues Hall of Famer traveled to Memphis to make a classic soul album with Hi Rhythm, the band that helped create that sound.
A few special notes about this event:
- Gates open at 6:00pm. Cedric Burnside at 7:00pm and Robert Cray at 8:30pm.
- Food and beverages (including wine and beer) will be sold at multiple concession stands throughout the area.
- No outside food, drinks, coolers or pets are allowed at this event.
- This event is rain or shine.
- Because this is a fundraiser, no refunds are available.
- Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome.
- There are NO reserved seats for this event. It's general admission only.
- The Levitt Shell is wheelchair accessible.
- No professional photography, video or audio recording equipment.
- Kids 12 and under are admitted free with parent or guardian.
Central BBQ, Kebab, DeJavu, and Slider Inn! Plus MemPOPs will have popsicles to cool off and the Tapbox will be selling water, soft drinks, beer, wine, and mixed drinks.